Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1

Today, (which is meant to be January 1st, I'm just late. haha) I learned to never overlook the small things. The touch of your lover's hand, for example. I was napping with my boyfriend today, whom you will hear a lot about, and I laid completely still and listened to the beat of his heart sing me to sleep. I felt his hand touching only one section of my skin. I listened to his breathing. Those are the simple things that I would have overlooked had I not been paying attention. And because of that, I have a memory, a picture of him forever embedded in my mind now.
Smiles. Smiles are one of the greatest gifts we are given. There are all different types of smiles. Fake ones, big ones, sarcastic ones, hidden ones, and genuine ones. Paying attention to someone's mouth really can have a big affect on a person. For instance, today at my church, a new Christian was getting baptized. I have been friends with this girl for around 4 years, but I have never seen her smile the way she did today. She looked so carefree and relieved.
So, all in all, my point for Day 1 would be to always appreciate the smallest things, to be observant, and watch the world with new eyes everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment