Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4

I know I'm late for Day 4, but this occurred to me last night, and I was too tired to put it into words. I cannot stand judgmental people. This especially irks me:

"Wow. You have been dating your girlfriend for two weeks and you're already IN LOVE?! haha. You don't know what love is until you're walking down the isle at your wedding."


Okay. Does anyone else see something wrong with this? Because I do.

Who has put a time limit on love? Did it take you a month to fall in love with your parents after you were born? Or three weeks to fall in love with God after you got saved? I don't think so. Granted that all the relationships in the world aren't "true love," no one holds the right to tell you how you feel. Am I right, people?

Also, the majority of the people who say this about young couples are describing their middle school self. For example, I have a friend. She has been all up on this business ever since it became the "raging talk" of Facebook.  I can recall at least 20 times  in our younger days when she swore she was in love, and the guy was perfect. 
As for myself, I did the same. I was always "in love" with a different boy every week who didn't know I existed. I would obsess over him. Literally. I've got tons of notebooks filled with "Olivia Rae (enter last name of current crush) (enter last name of another zit-faced boy) (enter ANOTHER last name of the "perfect" male)
Yes! That's what preteen girls DO! Believe it or not, I think we've all been in a situation of proclaiming our love prematurely. 

So my thought for the day -- Restrain from judging children; you were once in their spot. Also, don't put limits on love.


No comments:

Post a Comment